Market Day 2017

I would like to congratulate everyone – Sunday’s Market Day was certainly a reflection of our Marist Spirituality; a living expression of community. It was simply wonderful to witness parents, boys and staff all working together with a common mission: to ensure we can continue to build up this great school as those before us have done and continue to provide the best Catholic Marist education and conditions for learning for both our current and future students. I appreciate and am reminded of the privilege it is to minister to this community.

But it wasn’t just that the day itself that gave me an overwhelming sense of pride and gratitude. It was also the weeks leading up to the event.

The extraordinary commitment that I have witnessed with parents being here for the past 4 Saturdays to collect goods for the ‘white elephant’ stall and to set-up for Sunday, the many planning meetings and the sheer number of parent volunteers has been heartening and, whatever you were able to do on or for the day, I want to Thank You most sincerely.

As I said to the boys, we hope that their contribution in selling raffle tickets and being present for some part of the day was because they wanted to, rather than because they had to participate.

It is a great opportunity for our boys to recognise both the blessings and the responsibilities of being part of a community. Witnessing their usual happy, friendly and respectful presence on Sunday, I believe that was the case. We are truly blessed at Marist.

Mr Mark Woolford
Principal

Categories

Featured